Dickey-John Mini GAC Plus Grain Moisture & Test Weight Analyzer
Dickey-John Mini GAC Plus Grain Moisture and Test Weight Analyzer
- Comes with the Mini GAC carry case ($100 value)
- Fast, easy and accurate measurements of grain moisture and test weight
- Used to measure over 450 grains and products
- Menu-driven operating system
- An internal scale (no pre-weighing)
- USB compatibility for calibration loading
- Automatic temperature compensation
- NO screw cap which can damage grains, create oily residue, and are cumbersome to use.
- Includes Mini GAC Plus, loader, 9 volt battery, carrying case, belt clip, instruction manual,
- Includes 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
Dickey-John is the USA standard for grain moisture testing. This technology is now available to commercial growers in this high quality yet affordable moisture tester.
There are several detailed reasons why knowing grain moisture is important; but the main reason is to protect investment. Moisture content is almost universally used as a price determinant when trading grain. Knowing that moisture content at various stages of growth, harvest and sale can mean extra dollars for the season. For instance, grain stored too wet will spoil. If too dry, the nutritional value declines.
Moisture in grain
Grain moisture can be determined in a number of ways. The official, reference method of analyzing moisture is the laboratory air-oven test. This process entails taking 2 small samples each consisting of 3 grams of ground grain. The grain is placed in 2 tin cups and weighed. The grain is then placed in a laboratory air oven for 1 hour at 130° F. The sample is again weighed and the moisture percentage is computed based on the change in weight. Obviously, this process is time consuming, taking 1 to 3 hours for each sample, using trained lab personnel.
DICKEY-john Corporation has a full product line that is calibrated to the official air oven. The DICKEY-john moisture tester product line offers fast, accurate analysis on moisture and test weight (bulk density) based on official references. DICKEY-john products are field-proven over three decades and continue to be the “gold standard” for moisture testing.
Whether you're harvesting, storing, or trading grain, nothing is more important to its value than its moisture content and test weight. With the mini GAC plus you can easily measure the moisture and test weight of over 450 types of grains and products.
Unit ship weight: 10 Lbs