Extech Pinless Moisture Meter – MO257
Fast response pinless moisture readings on tiles, building materials and wood from a depth of 0.78” to 1.6”
- Relative pinless moisture reading for non-invasive measurement
- Multi-function backlit triple LCD display
- Pinless measurement depth from 0.78” (20mm) to 1.6” (40mm) below the surface
- High frequency sensing technology
- Automatic Data Hold
- Two adjustable alarm levels with audible beeper and visual (flashing “RISK” or “WET”) indicators
- Automatic calibration (in dry air) when meter is powered on
- Low battery indication
- Auto power off
- Comes complete with 3 AA batteries and a pouch case
- 1 year warranty
This pocket moisture meter is ideal for testing the moisture content of building materials such as wood, wall board, sheetrock, cardboard, plaster, concrete and mortar. Working with damp building materials such as wood for studding or trim can lead to warping or bowing as the wood dries.
This instrument features a pinless measurement bulb for non-intrusive testing. This works by using a high frequency sensing method allowing for measurements to a depth of 0.78” (20mm) to 1.6” (40mm).
Dry materials are better for construction purposes and give a more stable and level finished product. This meter is also great for testing the moisture content of firewood. The heat produced from a single piece of firewood increases as the moisture content decreases.
Knowing the moisture content of the wood or how seasoned it is can be the difference between a smoldering fire and efficient wood heat. With a rugged impact resistant exterior housing and replaceable test pins for durability and accurate testing. The MO257 Pinless Moisture Meter User Manual is attached to this page to answer any additional questions.
- Display: Triple LCD
- Measurement Method: Pinless, High Frequency Bulb
- Dimensions: 9.25x2.5x1.1" (235x63x28mm)
- Weight: 7.7oz (218g)
Unit Ship Weight: 1 lb