Agtec Geocell Ground Grid Paver – 4 Inch (8.4ft x 27.4ft)
Agtec Geocell can be filled with base layers such as gravel, sand, rock and soil to keep the material in place and greatly increase the strength of the base layer. Cells are 4 inches deep. Covers 230 sq.ft. 10 Year Warranty.
Agtec Geocell Ground Grid Paver - 4 Inch
(8.4ft x 27.4ft x 4in)
Note: It is important for installations with traffic to use compacting gravel as fill, otherwise there can be a "quicksand effect". We highly recommend compacting 3/8" gravel and not pea gravel or any rounded fill.
- Paver size: 8.4' x 27.4' x 4"
- Covers appoximately 230 sq.ft.
- Cell size : 12.6” x 11.3” (320mm x 287mm)
- Made of Black, UV Stabilized HDPE
- 1.5+/-0.1mm rhomboidal indentation texture to keep fill in place.
- Perforated cell walls for water drainage
- High tensile strength <1420N/10CM (320 lbf) .
- Saves money by greatly reducing the amount of fill needed to form a strong base.
- Great for driveways, roads, trails, parking lots, horse paddocks and animal containment areas.
- 4 Inch Geocell is recommended for most installations.
- 10 Year Warranty
The Agtec Geocell provides load support and stability to base layers of compacting gravel, rock, soil or sand. It greatly improves a layer's lateral strength and prevents fill from shifting or being pushed sideways. The increase in strength allows for a decrease in the amount of material needed to form a solid base and saves users time, money, and resources.
The structural coefficient of a 4” layer of sandy soil is 5x greater with Agtec Geocell than without it, and is equivalent to 10” of crushed stone or 12.7” of sandy gravel.
The Geocell greatly reduces erosion from weather and heavy or repetitive traffic. The perforation pattern through each cell and weld allows water to drain freely without washing out the material. The textured surface provides additional material retention. It is ideal for use in the construction of slopes and embankments prone to eroding, as well as driveways, roads, parking lots, horse paddocks and animal containment areas, trails and much more.
If being used for a driveway or road installation we highly recommend using 3/8" or 3/4" compacting gravel as fill, otherwise there can be a quicksand effect which can cause the geocell to become pushed up out of the ground.
These Geocell’s are carefully manufactured under a quality management system that is ISO-9001:2008 CE certified.
Unit ship weight: 48 lbs
- Prepare the area by removing old soil, vegetation and debris.
- Put a sub-base layer if necessary and grade as necessary.
- Pin down one of our drainage fabrics or ground covers if necessary for separation and stability.
- Stake out the Geocell's using rebar, stakes or large anchor pins.
- Zip-tie, bolt or use pneumatic plier stapler to fasten multiple geocells together. If necessary cut Geocell ahead of time with a hand saw (recipricating saw works great).
- For a road or driveway fill the geocell with approximately 5" of 3/8" or 3/4" compacting gravel (not pea gravel, drain gravel or anything rounded) and rake level (1" excess above geocell). For erosion control on embankments without traffic, rocks sand, mulch and other material can be used
- You may need to top up the gravel or other material after settling. Generously wetting the area and using a compactor is a highly step to reduce settling after installation.
- Remove any protruding rebars after installation.
Choosing the correct gravel:
Agtec LLC warrants each Geocell section to be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of manufacture. Agtec LLC's exclusive liability under this warranty or otherwise will be to furnish without charge any section which proves to be defective under normal use and service during the 10-year period which begins on the date of shipment. Agtec LLC reserves the right to inspect any allegedly defective section in order to verify the defect and ascertain its cause.
This warranty does not cover defects attributable to causes or occurrences beyond Agtec LLC control and unrelated to the manufacturing process, including, but not limited to, abuse, misuse, mishandling, neglect, improper storage, improper installation, improper alteration or improper application.
AGTEC LLC MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IN CONNECTION WITH THE GEOCELL SYSTEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL AGTEC LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR THE BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, IN CONNECTION WITH THE GEOCELL SYSTEM.
Configure Agtec Geocell Ground Grid Paver – 4 Inch (8.4ft x 27.4ft)