Conserve SC Insecticide (Quart)
Spinosad insecticide. This specialty insecticide is an excellent choice for nursery and greenhouse operators, as well as arborists, and lawn care operators and golf course superintendents.
Conserve SC Insecticide (Quart)
- Offers quick kill – insect pests exhibit symptoms in minutes resulting in rapid cessation of plant/turf damage. Control is evident within one to three days
- Provides excellent efficacy on target pests such as thrips, leafminers and Eastern tent caterpillars
- Offers a unique mode of action which makes it compatible with resistance management programs and therefore IPM compatible
- Has activity on pests by ingestion and contact exposure
- Is highly active at very low use rates
- Has low odor
- Not phytotoxic to labeled ornamentals or turfgrasses
- Has a four-hour WPS re-entry interval
Conserve® SC specialty insecticide is an excellent choice for nursery and greenhouse operators, as well as arborists, and lawn care operators and golf course superintendents looking for a more environmentally friendly insecticide. Spinosad, the active ingredient in Conserve, is derived from the fermentation of a naturally occurring organism, uniquely combining the efficacy of synthetic insecticides with the benefits of biological insect pest control.
Spinosad (pronounced "spin-OH-sid") is derived through the fermentation of a naturally occurring organism. It uniquely combines the efficacy of synthetic products with the benefits of biological insect pest control products.
According to studies based on Conserve's acute toxicological profile, the insecticide does not significantly impact the natural predacious arthropod complexes including ladybird beetles, lacewings, minute pirate bugs and predatory mites.
Spinosad has several attractive features when compared to most synthetic insect pest control products:
- It is derived through the fermentation of a naturally occurring organism;
- It is highly active at low use rates;
- It is active by ingestion and contact exposure;
- It has less impact on certain predatory beneficial insects; and
- It is active by a mechanism unique among known insect pest control compounds.
Spinosad has several attractive features when compared to most biological insect pest control products:
- It consistently demonstrates commercially acceptable control for labeled pests;
- It is effective by both contact and ingestion;
- It has quicker speed of control;
- It provides longer residual control in the field;
- It has no special handling or use restrictions.
Spinosad has a unique mode of action that is different from all other known insect control products. Spinosad causes excitation of the insect nervous system, leading to involuntary muscle contractions, prostration with tremors, and finally paralysis. These effects are consistent with the activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors by a mechanism that is clearly novel and unique among known insecticidal compounds. Spinosad also has effects on GABA receptor function that may contribute further to its insecticidal activity.
- Armyworms, including beet
- Bagworms, including spruce
- Cutworms, including black
- Eastern tent caterpillars
- Fall webworms
- Fire ants
- Gypsy and hickory tussock moth larvae
- Pod gall midges
- Serpentine leafminers
- Sod webworms
- Spider mites
- Spruce budworms
- Thrips, including western flower
- Yellow-necked caterpillars
See label for complete listing of pests controlled
Unit ship weight: 2 lbs
Please note this product cannot be shipped to California.