Digital Fruit Firmness Tester, Penetrometer (Dual Tip)
The Agriculture Solutions digital dual-tip fruit firmness tester is designed to digitally measure firmness levels while of almost any fruit or vegetable.
Digital Fruit Firmness Tester , Penetrometer (Dual Tip)
- Includes 8 mm and 11 mm tips for dual testing range
- Comes with a hard carrying case
- Mountable on a test stand for lab testing
- Auto power off
- Dual tips and operation manual included
- Comes with 1 year warranty
Our digital dual-tip hand-held fruit firmness tester is designed to quickly measure fruit firmness levels while using digital microprocessor technology to provide extremely accurate fruit firmness readings of almost any fruit or vegetable.
This high quality digital fruit firmness tester has a dual tip for a larger measurement range that allows you to measures almost any kind of fruit accurately from the toughest apple to the softest strawberry.
You can easily change measurement ranges by simply changing the stainless steel tip and clicking the corresponding button on the fruit firmness tseter. Using the penetrometers dual dial display it makes it easy to measure the firmness of nearly all fruits.
Fruit firmness is considered one of the most accurate ways to test for a fruit maturity and quality. By measuring a fruits firmness you can make decisions about when to harvest, which fruits seeds to breed, can make decisions on which fruits to export or transport and for example which fruits should be processed and which fruits should be sold fresh.
Fruit penetrometers are widely used by universities for fruit research and by fruit companies to make important business decisions. Please check with your local university extension office to find out what firmness levels are optimum for your growing climate.
Choosing the Right Firmness Tester:
DFP001: Digital Fruit Firmness Tester, Penetrometer (Soft Fruit)
- Range: 0.4 to 11 lbs (0.2 to 5.0 kg)
- Uses: Softer fruit and vegetables such as pears, peaches, grapes, tomatoes, etc.
DFP002: Digital Fruit Firmness Tester, Penetrometer (General Fruit)
- Range: 1.1 to 33 lbs (0.5 to 15 kg)
- Uses: Harder fruits and vegetables such as apples, pumpkins, melons, squash, etc.
DFP003: Digital Fruit Firmness Tester, Penetrometer (Dual Tip)
- 11 mm Tip: 0.5 to 25 lbs (0.2 to 11 kg)
- 8 mm Tip: 0.8 to 48 lbs (0.4 to 22 kg)
- Uses: Practically any fruit or vegetable
11 mm Tip: 0.5 to 25 lb (0.2 to 11 kg)
8 mm Tip: 0.8 to 48 lb (0.4 to 22 kg)
Resolution: 0.01 to 22 lb (10 kg); otherwise 0.1
Accuracy: ± 1% + 0.1
Units: kg, lb, N, Pa
Power: Four AAA batteries.
Environment: 32°F to 113°F (0 to 45°C); 0 to 90% RH
Dimensions: 8.0" x 2.4" x 1.3"
Weight: 230 g
Unit ship weight: 2 Lbs