General Purpose Fruit Firmness Tester - FP001
This general purpose fruit firmness tester Measures 2-15kg/cm 2. Large range ideal for Apples, Peaches, Pears, Avocado, Kiwi, Tomatoes and much more. Fruit firmness one of the most accurate ways to test for a fruits maturity and quality.
General Purpose Fruit Firmness Tester (FP001)
- Stainless steel construction.
- Comes in a rugged stainless steel carrying case.
- Features a trailing pointer which will indicate the highest resistance point when testing.
- Mountable on a test stand for lab testing.
This stainless steel fruit firmness tester has a measurement range of 2-15kg/cm 2. The wide measurement range makes it a great general purpose penetrometer for measuring fruits such as Apples, Peaches, Pears, Avocado, Kiwi, Tomatoes and much more.
Fruit firmness is considered one of the most accurate ways to test for a fruit maturity and quality. By measuring a fruits firmness you can make decisions about when to harvest, which fruits seeds to breed, can make decisions on which fruits to export or transport and for example which fruits should be processed and which fruits should be sold fresh.
Fruit Penetrometers are widely used by universities for fruit research and by fruit companies to make important business decisions.
Please check with your local university extension office to find out what firmness levels are optimum for your growing climate.
Directions for use.
Turn the trailing dial to zero.
- Use a potato peeler or a knife to remove the skin layer of the fruit.
Position the penetrometer perpendicular to the fruit.
Slowly and steadily press the sensor until it penetrates the pulp of the fruit.
- Once the tip has penetrated the fruit pulp, read the value of the trailing dial.
- NOTE: Our penetrometers measure in Kilogram-force per Square Centimeter (kg/cm2). To convert to Pounds per Square Inch (PSI) Multiply by 14.223
Compare our 3 models of fruit penetrometers:
|Model||FP001||FP002||FP003 (Tip 1)||FP003 (tip 2)|
|Range:||2-15kg/cm 2||0.5-4kg/cm 2||0.5-12kg/cm 2||1-24kg/cm 2|
|(×10 5pa)||(×10 5pa)||(×10 5pa)||(×10 5pa)|
Unit ship weight: 1.5Lbs