Anemometer / Wind Speed Meters
An anemometer is a device for measuring the wind speed or wind pressure. It is important to know the wind speed in when you are growing for a number of reasons such as:
- To measure wind speeds to determine a suitable spot for a growing plot.
- Where there are no trees or hills protecting a plot, an anemometer can help you decide where to erect wind breaks.
- To determine if conditions are suitable for spraying or dusting crops with fertilizers or pesticides. If wind speed is high then sprays and fertilizers will simply drift and be wasted.
- To determine a good time to take samples from your crops. If a plant is stressed from wind it is not a good time to take samples from it as it may go into a self-defense mode.
- To determine if activities such as fishing and flying is suitable.
- May help in determine if an area is suitable for a wind power generator.
- For collecting long term environmental data about an area.
- Recording how intense a storm and much more.
We have a large range of Anemometers which have all been carefully selected for their quality.