DeWitt UV PP Woven Shade Cloth - 63% Black (per sq.ft)
DeWitt UV Polypropylene Woven Shade Cloth - 63% Black
- Available widths are 6, 10, 12 and 15 feet.
- We custom cut your film to any length that adds up to over 330 square feet (e.g 6' x 55' = 330 sq.ft).
- Custom cut sizes below the minimum or outside of the preset widths are available but require a custom quote for accurate pricing. For a customized quote please call (818) 724-7657.
- UV resistant polypropylene offers great crop protection for UV and heat sensitive plants
- On row tunnels it keeps the soil cool and reduces moisture loss through evaporation in excessive heat.
- 10-12 year life span if stored out of the sun when not in use and 4 years plus when in direct sun.
- Use with DeWitt Clip-Its as a reusable "grommet" for secure anchoring and DeWitt Zip Ties to connect multiple shade cloths together if needed.
- Option to have the edges stitched for $0.25 per linear foot and brass grommets added for $0.25 each.
- Note: This is a custom cut item made to your individual specifications. It cannot be returned or refunded once the item has been shipped out.
- This custom cut item has a 3-5 business day lead time before shipping out
DeWitt’s woven shade fabric is the perfect choice for greenhouses and row covers to offer crop protection from the sun. Very popular when used as a greenhouse covering or shade fabric for your crops as it not only offers heat and UV protection but can also reduce damage from the elements and extend the life of your plastic.
After choosing your ideal size of shade fabric our team will custom cut them to your specified size. For an additional $0.25 per linear foot we can also hem the edges for additional strength and then for an additional $0.25 each we can add #4 brass grommets to the edges. The taped edges are then double stitched for extra holding power. Please call us if you require this additional service.
DeWitt is one of the USA leaders in agricultural fabric. They pioneered the field of permeable weed control fabrics and with over 30 years of product development they now sell the highest quality selection of agricultural fabrics on the market.
Choosing a shade cloth:
Generally for growing plants a shade fabric between 30% and 70% is sufficient. You have to balance shade protection with allowing enough light to get through to your plants which is all dependant on what crop you are growing and whether the plant is a shade loving or sun loving crop. The percentage of shade refers to the quantity of light that is blocked so a 60% shade fabric will let 40% of the light through.
As a basic guide on crops you should use a low percentage shade cloth such as 30% for sun-loving crops such as tomatoes and peppers in areas with hot summers. For colder temperature crops such as lettuce and spinach use 50% - 70% in hot southern areas and 30-50% in cooler northern zones. We advise you to look up the plants you are growing to determine which shade cloth is best for your area.
For non-crop usage for example shading pets, livestock, patios and fencing you might consider a higher level of shade for example 70% - 90% depending on your climate.
Unit ship weight: 0.04 lbs