Horiba IG-410 Ultra High Gloss Meter, Dual Range (0-1000 GU)
Horiba IG-410 Ultra High Gloss Meter, Dual Range (0-100, 0-1000 GU)
Dual range checker for gloss and high gloss finishes.
- Dual Measurement range of 0 -1000 GU high gloss or 0-100 GU (Gloss Units) normal gloss
- High gloss checker can now measure virtually anything including mirrors and polished metals.
- 60 degree measurement range
- One step calibration
- Measure instantaneously from low gloss matte surfaces to the highly polished paints, coatings or waxes
- Super long battery life of 200 hours or more of continuous use.
- Comes with 0-100 GU & 0-1000 GU Calibration Plates ($700 Value!)
- Small, super lightweight at 350g.
Gloss value 100 is defined as specular reflectance in incident angle θ of the glass of reflectance index 1.567. With incident angle θ = 60°, specular reflectance is 10%,o r gloss value 100. Consequently gloss in specular reflectance 100% is calculated as 1000. Reflectance in many polished metals is 50% or more, some are 90% or more. Then measurement range is expanded up to 1000 in IG-410.
- Mirrors. High gloss range allows you to measure the gloss units of mirrors.
- Polished metal. Now you can measure polished metal gloss levels.
- For measuring finish of metal rollers.
- For research and development on wafer polishing devices
- Sheen on leaves. Measure the waxy coating of leaves as a measure of quality.
- Glass. Check the optical polish and refraction of glass including cleanliness.
- Vehicles and machinery. HORIBA Gloss Checkers are used as a part of regular vehicle and equipment maintenance to check for wear of protective coating.
- Masonry and building exteriors. HORIBA Gloss Checkers are handy when assuring uniform finish when using stone, wood, concrete, aluminum sashes and other materials.
- Wood resin coatings. Inspect quality and deterioration on furniture and wooden products.
- Film. Check quality of films such as greenhouse plastics for weathering.
- Rubber. Check tires on your vehicles and equipment for wear and deterioration.
- Leather. Check wear on leather.
- Plastic molding surface inspection. Check the lustre and weathering on plastic. This can include outside moldings and even video screens.
- Paint coatings and ink. Quality control, exposure tests and gloss inspection of finishes.
- Evaluation of detergents. Check the quality and effectiveness of cleaning materials with a before and after gloss inspection.
- Floor maintenance. Check the shine on your mopped floors to evaluate cleanliness.
Unit ship weight: 2 Lbs