Digital Fruit Firmness Tester, Penetrometer (General Purpose)
Digital Fruit Firmness Tester, Penetrometer
- Includes a 3.5 mm stainless steel tip
- Range: 0.2 - 5.0 kgf/cm²
- Hard carrying case included
- Mountable on a test stand for lab testing.
- Auto power off
- Includes operation manual
- 1 year warranty
This handheld fruit firmness tester is designed to quickly measure fruit firmness levels. It utilizes digital microprocessor technology to provide extremely accurate fruit firmness readings of almost any fruit or vegetable. Included with the meter is a 3.5 mm stainless steel tip.
Fruit firmness is directly related fruit maturity and quality. By measuring a fruit's firmness you can determine when to harvest, which seeds to propagate, and the suitibility of a product for transport, processing or sale.
Fruit penetrometers are widely used by universities and fruit companies for research purposes. Please check with your local university extension office to find out what firmness levels are optimum for your growing climate.
Choosing the Right Firmness Tester:
Soft Fruit Digital Fruit Firmness Tester
- Range: 0.4 to 11 lbs (0.2 to 5.0 kg/cm2)
- Uses: Soft fruits/vegetables, small fruits: e.g. pears, peaches, grapes, tomatoes, strawberries
General Purpose Digital Fruit Firmness Tester (this product)
- Range: 1.1 to 33 lbs (0.5 to 15 kg/cm2)
- Uses: Large & Small fruits/vegetables, Firm/Hard fruits : e.g. apples, pumpkins, melons, squash, etc.
Large Fruit Digital Fruit Firmness Tester, Penetrometer (Dual tip)
- 11 mm Tip: 0.5 to 25 lbs (0.2 to 11 kg/cm2)
- 8 mm Tip: 0.8 to 48 lbs (0.4 to 22 kg/cm2)
- Uses: Large Fruits/vegetables, Hard fruits: e.g. nectarines, avocados, kiwi, apples
Range: 3.5 mm Tip: 0.4 to 11 lbs (0.2 to 5.0 kg)
Resolution: 0.01 to 22 lbs (10 kg); otherwise 0.1
Accuracy: ± 1% + 0.1
Units: kg, lb, N, Pa
Requires: 2: AAA batteries
Environment: 32°F to 113°F (0 to 45°C); 0 to 90% RH
Dimensions: 8.0" x 2.4" x 1.3"
Weight: 230 g
Unit ship weight: 2 lbs