Agtec Light Duty Compost Thermometer with 36in Stem (0-200°F)
Agtec Compost Thermometer with 36in Stem (0-200°F)
- Cast from 304 stainless steel which is highly durable and corrosion resistant
- Temperature measurement range of 0-200°F
- Fast response time and easy to read dial
- Measures temperature at the very tip for accurate readings deep inside of compost piles
- Polycarbonate lens is perfectly clear and more resilient than glass
- 5/16" (8mm) stainless steel stem
- 3 1/8" (80mm) diameter dial face
- Highly accurate measurement of ±1%
The Agtec Compost Thermometer is an excellent all-purpose temperature reading probe. It is made from 304 stainless steel that is extremely durable and corrosion resistant. The thermometer measures the temperature at the very tip of the stem to ensure accurate measurements deep within compost piles. The clear polycarbonate dial face is stronger than glass while being just as clear. The Agtec Compost Thermometer features an easy-to-read dial with a temperature range of 0-200°F. It features a fast response time that makes high volume compost testing fast and easy.
Monitoring the temperature of your compost pile is an excellent indication of the activity of the microbes present. The hotter the pile gets, the more active and numerous the microbes. Often compost piles can become too hot inside which can actually be detrimental to the health of the microbes and the quality of the compost. The Agtec Compost Thermometer can be used to monitor compost and indicate when it is time to turn the pile or add water. Many farmers will keep track of the progress of their piles by keeping a record of the temperatures measured over time.
Unit Ship Weight: 3 lbs