Leonard Knitted Monofilament Shade Fabric 30% Black (per sq. ft)
Leonard's knitted shade fabric is perfect for a greenhouse covering or shade fabric for your crops. Strong monofilament style. Minimum order size 200 sq.ft
Leonard Knitted Monofilament Shade Fabric 30% Black
(per sq. ft)
- Hemming and grommeting not available for this product -
- Backed by an 8-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Life expectancy of 16 years under normal conditions
- Premium monofilament knitted shade fabric is superior to other “flat ribbon” type materials.
- Heat sealed uncut edges come standard at no extra cost
- Prevents ripping and tearing
- Prevents wind whipped fraying
- Provides a stable edge for attaching grommet clips
- Eliminates the need for costly hemming of the edges
- High density polyethylene is strong and durable
- Economical alternative to woven fabrics
- Engineered to resist tears, mold and mildew
- Resists unraveling when cut
- Easily installed with poly clips (sold separately)
- Wind and weather resistant U.V. treated fabric is designed for direct sunlight
- Comes in 6, 10, 12 and 20ft widths
- Available in 30%, 40%, 50%, 60% and 70% shading
The uncut edges of this fabric are heat sealed for an extra strong edge that requires no hemming that poly grommet clips can be attached to. This heat sealed edge comes standard at no extra cost and increases the lifespan and strength of this fabric. The fabric is designed for use in direct sun and is UV stabilized with resistance to mold and mildew growth. The percentage refers to the quantity of light that is blocked. (A 60% shade fabric will let 40% of the light through.)
This premium knitted shade fabric has an incredible 8 year manufacturer’s warranty and has an expected lifespan of 16 years! It is made with high density polyethylene monofilaments that are knitted together in a way that resists ripping, tearing and unraveling. This knitted shade cloth has quickly become the preferred alternative to woven cloth covers as it is stronger and better resists unraveling.
- Greenhouse shade cover
- Shade cover for row tunnels and other shade structures
- Used to warm soil and to reduce moisture loss through evaporation
- Protection against hail and wind and weather damage
- Bird Netting
- Livestock and kennel shading
- Temporary fencing
- Can be used as a wind break
- Privacy screening on patios and decks
- Shading in sport arenas, ball diamonds, swimming pool covers and tennis court walls
Choosing a shade cloth:
Note: It is important to use shade cloth to achieve the correct balance of shade protection and light exposure for your plants. This will vary depending on whether you plant shade loving or sun loving crops.
As a basic guide on crops you should use a low percentage shade cloth such as 30% for sun-loving crops such as tomatoes and peppers in areas with hot summers. For crops that like cooler temperatures, such as lettuce and spinach, use 50% - 70% in hot southern areas while colder northern zones should consider 30-50%. We advise looking up the plants you are growing to determine which shade cloth is best for your area.
For non-crop usage for example shading pets, livestock, patios and fencing you might consider a higher level of shade for example 70%.
Unit Ship Weight: 0.04 lbs