SRM Solar Plastic Mulching Film Embossed (4ft x 2400ft)
SRM Solar plastic mulch is a hybrid cross between black and clear plastic mulch film. Solar Mulch generates almost as much heat as clear mulch and suppresses weeds like black mulch.
SRM Solar Plastic Mulching Film Embossed (4’ x 2400’)
- SRM stands for Selective Reflecting Mulch
- Solar Mulch generates almost as much heat as clear mulch and suppresses weeds like black mulch
- Improves yields by reducing weed growth while keeping soil moist and warm
- Prevents weeds from growing nearby plants by blocking PAR light that weeds would use to grow
- Soil warming of 8 to 10 degrees F
- Melons have shown 25% growth increase
- Reduces soil moisture evaporation
- Easy to install film is flexible and stretchable
- Conforms to uneven plant beds, rows and raised beds
- Strong enough for double cropping in the same season or possibly for use over two seasons
- Easy field removal
- Economically priced for large scale production and improved growing efficiency
This 1.0 mil Solar mulch not only suppresses weeds and retains moisture but it also increases production and growth potential of numerous plants. This Solar mulch is a cross between black and clear mulch and is designed to block photosynthetically active radiation (PAR). This light is what plants use to grow, and while this film blocks PAR light it also retains moisture and warms soil.
Solar Mulch offers the increased soil warming of clear mulch, along with the weed suppression of black mulch. By utilizing a carefully balanced blend of polyethylene with a specific light modifying pigment, Solar Mulch transmits near infra-red radiation to heat the soil like a mini-greenhouse while it simultaneously blocks PAR. Therefore, Solar Mulch generates almost as much heat as clear mulch and suppresses weeds like black mulch.
Unit Ship Weight: 55 lbs
- Prepare soil well so that it is smooth and friable
- Do not lay plastic on dry soil
- Plastic should be in close contact with the soil for maximum heat transfer into the soil
- Be sure the edges of the plastic are well secured with soil