SRW EC8 Non-Woven 8oz Drainage and Filtration Fabric (15ft x 300ft)
This heavy duty 8 oz non-woven polypropylene geotextile provides superior physical and hydraulic properties in addition to high tensile strength. Ideal for soil filtration.
SRW EC8 Non-Woven 8oz Drainage and Filtration Fabric (15' x 300')
- Made from superior quality non-woven polypropylene fibers
- 500 square yards
- Helps to control weeds (not ideal for above ground, high traffic areas)
- Holds soil aggregate in place
- Great for filtration, reinforcement, separation and erosion control
- Help to prevent clogging, extend drainage system life and increase performance
- Combine high water flow rate and high tensile strength to provide excellent hydraulic properties
- Ideal for french drains, trench drains and blanket drains
EC8 is a superior quality, non-woven geotextile comprised of polypropylene staple fibers in a random network to form a high strength, dimensionally stable fabric. The polypropylene fibers are specially formulated to resist ultraviolet light deterioration and are inert to commonly encountered soil chemicals. The fabric will not rot or mildew and is non-biodegradable. EC8 meets AASHTO M288-92 for High Survivability Nonwoven Separation Fabrics.
Used primarily for reinforcement, separation, filtration and erosion control the EC8 is a highly durable, heavy duty fabric with excellent physical and hydraulic properties. The polypropylene staple fibers combine high water flow rates and durability while providing excellent soil retention properties and have the versatility to be used in a wide variety of applications including subsurface drainage and roadway separation applications.
In addition to their high tensile strength, these geotextiles offer excellent filter properties and help to prevent the dirt and aggregate from clogging up your drains thus extending the life and increasing the performance.
Applications include underneath highways, walkways, patios, landscape water features, under riprap to divert excess water, erosion control, retaining walls and for heavy duty drainage applications. Select thickness depending on your application.
Weight by general usage:
- 3oz - LS3 is a lightweight non-woven fabric with high tensile strength. LS3 is an excellent general filter fabric
- 4oz - 4.5oz - NW4 and NW4.5 are lightweight non-woven fabric with excellent physical properties in addition to high tensile strengths. Makes an excellent general drainage fabric.
- 6oz - NW6 is a medium weight non-woven fabric. The top application is for a pond and waterway liner. Also used for soil reinforcement, separation, filtration and erosion control.
- 8oz - EC8 is a heavy-duty non-woven fabric. Used for heavy duty applications such as embankment drainage and erosion control and often used for landfill liners.
- Weight (Typical) (ASTM D 5261): 8 oz/yd²
- Grab Tensile (ASTM D 4632): 205 lbs
- Grab Elongation (ASTM D 4632): 50 %
- Trap-Tear Strength (ASTM D 4533): 85 lbs
- Mullen Burst Strength (ASTM D 3786): 400 psi
- Puncture (ASTM D 4833): 130 lbs
- Permittivity (ASTM D 4491): 1.4 sec-¹
- Water Flow (ASTM D 4491): 90 gpm/ft²
- UV Resistance (ASTM D 4355): 80 %
- AOS (ASTM D 4751): #80 US Sieve
Unit ship weight: 273 lbs (Note: This roll will ship via freight truck and an exact price quote can be obtained by calling or writing to us.)