Agtec Geocell Ground Grid Paver – (8.4ft x 27.4ft x 4in)
Agtec Geocell can be filled with base layers such as soil, sand, gravel and rock to keep the material in place and greatly increase the strength of the base layer. Cells are 4 inches deep. Covers 230 sq.ft.
Agtec Geocell Ground Grid Paver
(8.4ft x 27.4ft x 4in)
- Paver size: 8.4' x 27.4'
- Covers appoximately 230 sq.ft.
- Cell size : 12.6” x 11.3” (320mm x 287mm)
- Made of Black, UV Stabilized HDPE
- 1.5+/-0.1mm rhomboidal indentation texture to keep fill in place.
- Perforated cell walls for water drainage
- High tensile strength <1420N/10CM (320 lbf) .
- Saves money by greatly reducing the amount of fill needed to form a strong base.
The Agtec Geocell provides load support and stability to base layers of gravel, rock, soil or sand. It greatly improves a layer's lateral strength and prevents fill from shifting or being pushed sideways. The increase in strength allows for a decrease in the amount of material needed to form a solid base and saves users time, money, and resources.
The structural coefficient of a 4” layer of sandy soil is 5x greater with Agtec Geocell than without it, and is equivalent to 10” of crushed stone or 12.7” of sandy gravel.
The Geocell greatly reduces erosion from weather and heavy or repetitive traffic. The perforation pattern through each cell and weld allows water to drain freely without washing out the material. The textured surface provides additional material retention. It is ideal for use in the construction of slopes and embankments prone to eroding, as well as driveways, roads, parking lots and trails.
These Geocell’s are carefully manufactured under a quality management system that is ISO-9001:2008 CE certified.
Unit ship weight: 48 lbs
- Prepare the area by removing old soil, vegetation and debris.
- Put a sub-base layer if necessary and grade as necessary.
- Pin down one of our drainage fabrics or ground covers if necessary for separation and stability.
- Stake out the Geocell's using rebar, stakes or large anchor pins. If necessary cut Geocell ahead of time with a hand saw (recipricating saw works great).
- Fill the geocell with your soil, sand, gravel or rock material and rake level.